DISCHARGE IN BANKRUPTCY
Quick Page Index
- 1 DISCHARGE IN BANKRUPTCY
- 1.1 DISCHARGE IN BANKRUPTCY, INCLUDING VIOLATIONS
- 1.2 The Fair Credit Reporting Act “FCRA” and the Bankruptcy Code
- 1.2.1 The Automatic Stay v. The Discharge
- 1.2.2 An order discharging the debt alters the legal nature of the debt and prohibits collection efforts.
- 1.2.3 Reorganizations
- 1.2.4 If a case is dismissed the debts return to the same position as before the bankruptcy was filed, offset by any monies the creditors received during the case. (11 U.S.C. § 1307)
- 1.2.5 A discharge in bankruptcy does not extinguish the debt itself; it merely releases the debtor from personal liability for the debt.