CHAPTER 13 QUESTIONS
Quick Page Index
- 1 CHAPTER 13 QUESTIONS
- 1.0.1 Be Aware of the Deadlines!
- 1.1 BEFORE FILING A CHAPTER 13 BANKRUPTCY CASE:
- 1.1.1 Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a repayment plan that protects the debtor from collection action during the plan and discharges any unpaid balance of dischargeable debts at the end of the plan.
- 1.1.2 What are some issues the court considers important?
- 1.1.3 In Arizona the failure rate for those who try their chapter 13 case without an attorney is at least 98%.
- 1.1.4 The Bankruptcy Court statistics show that less than 2% of those filing without an attorney can ever be successful in a chapter 13.
- 1.1.5 Do not use those who advertise on TV – you will end up paying their advertising costs.
- 1.1.6 The debtor’s attorney will normally do the following things in a chapter 13 consumer case:
- 1.1.7 The filing of the petition creates an automatic stay under 11 U.S.C. §362 prohibiting all collection actions.
- 1.1.8 The Debtors must file a Plan of Reorganization.
- 1.1.9 Debtors often worry that they will lose personal possessions and household goods when they file bankruptcy.
- 1.2 DURING A CHAPTER 13 BANKRUPCY:
- 1.3 THE CHAPTER 13 PLAN:
- 1.4 AFTER A CHAPTER 13 BANKRUPTCY, INCLUDING THE DISCHARGE: